School (Primary & Secondary)
International students from countries around the world enroll in Australian government schools every year. The education in australia is recognised for the excellent quality of their education programs, and offer a secure pathway to a professional career or to further study opportunities at Australian universities.
School education in Australia includes: preschool; preparatory (or kindergarten); primary school; secondary school (or high school); and senior secondary school (or college).
Standard of Living
Australian schools are among the finest in the world. Features of the Australian school system include:
- Small class sizes (a maximum of 30 students in a class).
- University-trained and qualified teachers and specialist teachers in subject areas.
- Facilities of a high standard – including a high level of technology, with all schools having computers and internet access.
- 'Gifted and talented’ programs to extend students who are high achievers.
- ‘High Achievement’ programs, which see the top students studying university-level subjects for advance credit.
- Individual learning programs for students who require additional learning support.
- Quality assurance frameworks where schools must meet required standards.
After completion of senior secondary school (Years 11 and 12) students sit for exams and receive an official certificate of qualification. The name of this certificate varies between Australia’s states, but regardless of this it is recognised by all Australian universities, higher education and vocational education and training institutions, as well as many institutions internationally.
International students studying in Australia on a student visa may require a guardian if they are under 18 years of age. The Student Guardian visa is for parents or close relatives (all over 21 years of age) applying to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia. If you would like to accompany your child/family who is undertaking education in Australia, please contact our team for more details.
If you have a child who would like to undertake preschool, preparatory (or kindergarten), primary school, secondary school, please contact our education advisors so we can analyse your situation and we can recommend which study option suits you best.
Team Uvision Australia